- Google announced the VR headset in October
- Will be available in the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, and Australia
- Has been priced at $79 in the US
Last month, Google launched its first Daydream-ready virtual reality headset – Daydream View – and explained how its light weight and wearable fabric design make it a superior headset to its competitors. Now the company has announced the availability of the device and said that it will be hitting Google Store and other retailers, on November 10 in five countries including the US.
Google’s virtual reality headset Daydream View will be available in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia from November 10. With Daydream View, you can watch movies, TV shows, and even play VR games on your Daydream ready smartphone, like Pixel, with the controller provided along the headset.
The search giant’s VR headset, thanks to a tie-up, allows users to stream Hulu’s entire library of TV shows, movies, and VR content. “Plus, there will be two new pieces of VR content from Huffpo RYOT available exclusively on Daydream: a news program called The Big Picture: News in Virtual Reality and VR comedy show Virtually Mike and Nora starring Nora Kirkpatrick and Mike O’Brien. The Hulu VR app is available in the US,” the company said in its blog post. Special content from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will also be coming soon, while the company is also touting NYT VR and WSJ VR content, and a bunch of VR games such as Invasion! and Hunters Gate.
The headset is available for pre-order from its dedicated page.
Google has listed out a host of apps and games, including the recently announced VR game for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, that will support the Daydream View headset in its post, which you can check out here.
Some of the notable mentions in the list include YouTube VR, Google Play Movies, The Wall Street Journal VR, and Gunjack 2: End of Shift.
Following is the list of Daydream View retailers in various countries:
- United States: Verizon, Best Buy; $79 (USD) (roughly Rs. 5,300)
- Canada: Bell, Rogers, Telus, Best Buy; $99 (CAD) (roughly Rs. 4,900)
- United Kingdom: EE, Carphone Warehouse; £69 (GBP) (roughly Rs. 5,600)
- Germany: Deutsche Telekom; €69 (EUR) (roughly Rs. 5,100)
- Australia: Telstra, JB Hi-Fi; $119 (AUD) (roughly Rs. 6,100)